Sunday, January 6, 2013

College Internship Tips

It is that time of year again where I am filling out application after application and spending hours searching for the right internship. Strangely enough I love searching for jobs, I love being able to see what is out there. Since the museum is closed for renovations I am unfortunately unable to intern there this summer however this gives me an opportunity to dip my feet into a new area of education. I have been thinking of  applying for a few summer camps in the area or interning at a monastery school. I thought it would be helpful  to give y'all some tips that have I followed during my search

1.Make sure your resume is up to date.



2.Have your references up to date and ready you don't want to be giving out dated information.


3. Polish up those phone manners: In most college internship cases you will have to go through a phone interview or you will have to be using the phone in the work place, there is no better way to impress a future employer than with manners

4. Don't be afraid to try for a reach, just like college don't be afraid to try for your dream internship

5. Come up with a list of special skills that you feel sets you apart for others; this will make it easier in answering of applications and interview questions when they ask what you can bring to the table
.
6. Network, I can not stress this enough networking really does help you go places especially since it be such as small world so you never know who you could be meeting.


Here are some great internship websites that can help you get a head start on the search


I hope y'all find these tips helpful and good luck !





No comments:

Post a Comment