Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Extreme Study Tips!!


Attention this post is not for the faint of heart when it comes to studying

So I have done numerous tips on studying and testing, but I figure I would give you an inside look on studying for what I believe are the most difficult types of test; Foreign language test. Like I said if you are not a huge study fan well I hope this post inspires you to hit the books and helps give you some tip on how to tackle studying. The test that I am studying for currently is a Latin exam is worth 20% of our grade. Therefore I am pulling out the big guns for this one.

Material you may want to have, it depends on how you study :
  • ·      Post-its
  • ·      Computer
  • ·      Highlighters
  • ·      Colored pens
  • ·      Pencil
  • ·      Flashcards note book paper
  • ·      Wipe board the bigger the better!!
  • ·      Binder/ notebook to keep everything together
    Materials for language
  •  Textbook
  •  Dictionary (Ex Latin—English)
  • Grammar book
  • Spark notes for language ( optional but extremely helpful)
    Optional materials you may want.
  •     Coffee/ tea something caffeinated, but I strongly discourage energy drinks
  • Snacks: candy is a good way to reward you self , ex if you memorize 5 flashcards you get a starburst it really motivates me.
  •    Comfy clothes
  • Classical music( I am a huge fan of classical music and it doses not distract you form what you are doing)

Sorry for the long list but I promise you once you find what work you will certainly stick with it. Now lets get down to business ( Too defeat the Huns … haha ) So ahead and grab a huge cup of coffee because well you may need it I know I do.




Tips For Studying!!!!


1.     Make use of wipe board when doing translation this way you are able to save paper and your final translation will look neater.

2.     If you have to memorize a transition make sure to break it up by sentences this way you will not be so overwhelmed


3.     Highlighters are your best friend when it comes to translating you can use different colors to distinguish between nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.

4.     Make sure to make flashcard of important ending for declensions and verb endings

5.     Make sure to start studying at least a weak in advance so that you are not having to pull an all-nighter. break up your information so you study a little at a time. I broke up memorizing a translation by splitting up paragraphs.

6.     Make sure you have a post-it with exactly what is going to be on the test that way you are not studying unnecessary materials

If you follow these steps I can promise that you will feel more confident in the information thanks y’all!

  

3 comments:

  1. Definitely good tips, except my study snacks involve Swedish fish and diet coke, LOTS of diet coke!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful post. Thank for your share. I wanna share my experience. It's wonderful if we can apply technology for our study. I often use study apps on my phone.I would recommend you one of my favorite app:Superflashcard( http://www.superflashcard.com). I can save time and remember better when using it to learn my lessons and prepare for my exams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some great tips! I had 3 midterms in the past week so I am always looking for new ways to study! Have a happy Friday and be sure to enter to win a monogrammed bow! (Ends tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete