Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Love Hate Relationship

Ballet flats and I have a love hate relationship, the hates is when they are brand new, and the love is when they have been broken in. I have been interning in the city part of Norfolk, my dad and I carpool in since he works there also. Well in the city  I have to walk to the museum which is like a 15 min walk. I used this opportunity as a reason to buy some new shoes. Today I deiced to have my new flats make their debut but I was not prepared for the wrath of new ballet flats. By the end of the day I was in so much pain because of the blisters on the back of my feet I could barley walk. Therefore  tonight I did some researching  on different ways you can break in ballet flat and this is what I found.

1. Wear them around the house for at least 2 days, with a pair of thick white cotton athletic socks, using either sandpaper or a sidewalk to slightly scuff the bottom.


2. Purchase a pair of Dr. Scholl’s for Her Heel Liners How To Break in New Shoes, available at your local drugstore, and place them on the inside heel of the shoe. The liners help not only to break in the shoe, but also to keep your heels from slipping and rubbing.


 This one may be a little out there but ....



3. You’re a real spud: This one is a tip from an editor friend of mine! Peel a larger potato and push it into the shoe  (make sure it’s big enough to create a bulge). Leave the potato in over night and voila, your shoe should be stretched in the morning!


4. You can buy shoe stretches theses babies apparent work really well.

I hope this helps y'all with your shoe problems, thanks guys.



3 comments:

  1. That's so funny that you mention, the other day I decided to break out a pair of silver steve madden flats I bought to wear in the rain. I bought these 5 years ago and every time I wore them, it seemed like I would get a blister on my heel,

    until yesterday I put them on, walked outside in the monsoon, and now they are so comfortable and still look brand new after 5 years! I think the rain stretched them out finally:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use those heel liners every time I have to break in a new pair of ballet flats! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'd pass this along:)

    http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/12/27/101-short-stories-that-will-leave-you-smiling-crying-and-thinking/

    ReplyDelete