Sunday, April 15, 2012

FINALS!!!!

Alright y'all well I am in the final stretch for this semester and this weekend I spent most of it preparing for finals and the end of the semester projects. I also would like to say that sadly I will not be having any new posts till May 3rd , which is after my finals. This will basically reduce the temptation to procrastination and distract myself from finals and schoolwork. However you can email me if you have any questions or need advice at ahoughto@umw.edu. Before I go I would like to give all y'all some great tips that I use for the preparation of finals.

1. Start early, I usually start two week ahead planning out each day, in order to make sure I don't miss any projects or events going on.

2. Space out the material you need to study. One of the main reason why you need to start thinking about final so early is in order for you to break up the material so you are not over whelmed. I usually study 1-2 chapters a day for two to three classes.

4.Start thinking about what need to be packed away, I spent most of this weekend packing up some of the knickknacks in my room, this way I have a clean and organized space to work and and I am getting ahead on the packing.

5. Take the two days before and exam to review all your material, this should be a review since you have been studying for a few weeks now.

6. Adjust your favorites or bookmarks on your Internet browser. I do this so that I am not tempted  to click on twitter, facebook, or pintrest which can distract me. Right now most of my favorites are of online class resources for the class I am having most trouble with, but don't forget email  just in case  someone need to reach you.

7. Don't stress! f you take my advice and start two week in advance and break up the material you will be able to feel more comfortable with the information and still have time in your day for classes, exercises, and the most important sleeping.

8. Start going to bed earlier this way you can ensure that your body is going to be at its healthiest during exam week .

9. Make a daily to do list of of homework and studying you need to do ahead of time that way you will know exactly what need to be done and when it needs to be done .

10. GO TO THE LIBRARY!! Most of my friends hate the library, but I love it, I find it's the best place to be able to study without distraction, and since my library has a coffee shop I am able to reward myself for going to the library with a cup of coffee while I study.

I hope this will help anyone who is stressing over finals. I will be back on May 3rd with lots of more posts about summer !

2 comments:

  1. my only peeve about the library is that the librarians are so loud someitmes! do you think it would berude if i told them to be quiter haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on finals!

    ReplyDelete