Friday, February 3, 2012

Tips for Beating the Feeling of “ One of Those Days"


Yesterday was for me “one of those days”, no matter what I did it all seemed to go wrong, and literally I was in shambles by the end of it. I felt depressed, over emotional, and insecure.  Well today I woke up and had that feeling that I had yesterday but I told myself that was not going to be me. So here is what I did to beat the feeling of “one of those days”

1. Wear makeup and do my hair, there is no better way to beat insecurity than taking the time to do your hair or makeup, when do this I feel more confident and actually put myself in a better mood.
.
2.    Listen to upbeat music: do this to help you distress and relax, I guarantee if you dance around your room for15 minuets like no one is looking, you will never feel better.

3.    Indulge in something, I not saying eat a ton of junk food, in fact I highly discourage that I will just make you feel worse, but eat a little chocolate or go get a coffee.

4.    Go for a run, I do this allot when I am upset about something, or upset with someone. Running sidetracks you so you are not paying attention to what you are upset about, this also helps to rise any tension that you may have and cool down and gives you sometime to really think about the situation usually, Running will wen you get back you will see that you have overreacted.

5.     Wear your favorite outfit, wear something that you feel comfortable and
good in, this will defiantly put you in good mood and you feel more confident in yourself.

6.    Talk to someone, sometimes the best thing is to vent to someone, I am not saying have a pity party but to explain why your upset, this helps because that person will have different perspective of the situation and usually an help you solve.

7.     Read, sometimes all you need is a little time to yourself, so find your favorite book and take an 1hour away from everyone, this will also help you relax, then when you get back to reality you will feel calmer.

I hope this advise will help you when you are having the same type of day that I had yesterday, I also hope everyone is having a great Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. I hope your day got better! I am going to use these tips.

    You may like this.. someone on my FB newsfeed posted this..

    "Me: God, can I ask You a question?

    God: Sure

    Me: Promise You won't get mad ...
    ...
    God: I promise

    Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

    ... God: What do u mean?

    Me: Well, I woke up late

    God: Yes

    Me: My car took forever to start

    God: Okay

    Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait

    God: Huummm

    Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call

    God: All right

    Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

    God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

    Me (humbled): OH

    GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

    Me: (ashamed)

    God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

    Me (embarrassed):Okay

    God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

    Me (softly): I see God

    God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

    Me: I'm Sorry God

    God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

    Me: I will trust you.

    God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

    Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

    God: You're welcome. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Creations...

    Remember... THINGS COULD BE A LOT WORSE."

    ReplyDelete