Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Top Six Thing That I Have Learned In Collge So Far ......

Everyone believes that college is the best time of your life; so far I have to agree to that. Not only have I meet so many new people, but I have also learned so much about myself and I have become more accepting towards who I am. I high school I was always conscious about what people thought of me and I ended up missing out on allot of opportunities because I did not want to be dubbed " Un-cool". Since I have gotten to college I have basically thrown that philosophy out the window , I figured I am not going to miss out on something just because I am afraid of what people think so here are so thing that i have learned about myself in college and things that I learned out life in my first semester.

Things I have learned about myself  and about life in general:

1. I am actually a really outgoing person: I have discovered exactly how much I love meeting new people and getting to know them, in high school I was extremely shy because I was afraid I would say some thing wrong, haha that happened allot!

2. It OK to be a little different, the way I dressed in college is actually different from the way I dressed in high school. In college it's OK to feel like wearing an oxford and a headband and be preppy, while in high school I kind of stuck to a safer choice. College has helped me to embrace my peppiness.

3. It OK to take risks: I am how you say, a "safe person" I don’t take risk because I am always thinking about the consequences, but I found out that taking risk is exactly what I need to do life is too short to be playing it safe, so one goal for this semester is to take more risks.

4. Life is not always fair, I have heard this time and time again from my parents, but I never really took it to heart, it was not until I discovered that well not everyone is looking out for you, you have 


5. If you don't make choice other people will. This one Has change my entire look on life. I am usually a really easygoing person who is not very opinionated, but it was not until I got to college that I discovered that I may have been a little too easygoing and people making choice for me that I would not have approved of.

6. Perfect is not always Perfect: When I was in high school everyone told me that I was perfect, and that my life was perfect, actually one of my classmates compared me to a walking doll. Everyone believed that my manner were perfect, clothes, grades, basically my life. Well when I got to college I found out that some took me as being well, too perfect they took it as me being cold and judgmental, which I am not. So I loosened up a little and with that i found the gateway to friends after I became less "perfect" I actually gained more friends and these friends I can already tell with stay with me for a very long time.

So the moral of this entire post is to have an opened mind when you are at college or even life in general, because with an opened mind you never know what you will discover about yourself and your life. All you have to do is open up your mind to new experiences, new types of people, and even a new lifestyle, you never know what well happen.

What are some of your most memorable moment about school or life in general, are there any that changed the way you acted or saw life?

1 comment:

  1. I can relate in so many ways with everything you just posted! High school is a place of oppression.. college is all about expression. After leaving high school, I finally realized that I am free to be whoever I want to be and that a lot of people (specifically girls) just have jealousy issues. I always wondered why some of the girls were the way they were and why they were so quick to criticize.. now I see where I am vs where they are and I think.. it must really suck to be them.

    ReplyDelete